Resort, Hotel, and Recreation
A one hundred year old facility located on Lake Mansfield in the Town of Stowe was in need of major renovations and repair.
Pearson & Associates provided mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering for the renovation of the main lodge with demolition and replacement of the attached dining and sleeping wing.
Pearson & Associates provided mechanical and electrical engineering for this multipurpose facility at Stowe Mountain Resort.
The 5,500 square foot Stowe Mountain Club Golf Cottage is nestled near the first tee of Stowe Mountain Club.
Energy efficient heating and cooling systems and lighting are signatures of this facility.
Amenities include men’s and women’s locker rooms, a pro shop, a cozy restaurant, lounge and bar, an outside covered veranda, and an indoor golf studio for lessons, club fittings and video analysis.
Doubling as a snow shoe and cross country ski center in the winter, the golf cottage is an intimate year-round meeting and socializing venue.
The Stoweflake Mountain Resort and Spa recently completed a 50,000 square foot addition that included swimming pools, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, indoor waterfall and mineral pool and renovations of sports club locker rooms
Pearson & Associates provided the mechanical and electrical engineering for this exciting Project. Some of the engineering challenges included maintaining a variety of water temperatures for the different water features while insuring personal comfort levels and healthy building environment.
Some of the energy saving and energy efficient installations included:
- Geothermal heat pump systems for heating and cooling Spa Rooms and Guest Rooms.
- Electric Generator with cogeneration heat recovery for water heating.
- Heat recovery from commercial dryer exhaust for snowmelt water heating.
- Energy Recovery Exhaust and Fresh Air Supply for ventilation and dehumidification.
- Variable Speed supply air and exhaust air fans that supply fresh air on an ‘as needed’ basis.
- Fully Automatic Microprocessor control of water quality for pools and hot tubs.
- Digital control of water-to-water heat exchangers to precisely control water temperatures.
The Conference Rooms have programmable, dimmable high efficient compact fluorescent lighting. Geothermal Heat Pumps provide heating, cooling and ventilation for Conference Rooms.
Five fitness and recreation areas were built, each with its own unique requirements for heating, cooling, ventilation and lighting
- Cardio and weight studio
- Spinning studio
- Women’s only fitness center
- Group aerobic
- Yoga/Pilates Studio & Stretching Room